12 Step Programs
Twelve step programs are renowned for their effectiveness treating addiction. Since the first Alcoholics Anonymous meeting in the 1930s, twelve step programs are at the center of addiction recovery around the world.
At JourneyPure, we’ve taken the twelve step treatments to create a medically-proven model to deliver life-changing results. Our staff has specialized training in both Motivational Interviewing and the Trauma Recovery and Empowerment Model.
When delivered by our experienced clinicians and integrated seamlessly into a holistic treatment plan. While in treatment patients attend on and off site twelve step meetings.
The original twelve steps from 1939 used in treatment programs today:
- We admitted we were powerless over alcohol and that our lives had become unmanageable.
- Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
- Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
- Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
- Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and he power to carry that out.
- Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics and to practice these principles in all our affairs.